Today is THE day.
Today is the day that I have imagined for as long as I can remember.
Only… I honestly think it is very different than what I imagined.
I mean, some things are pretty standard, right?
Cinderella meets Prince Charming.
There is a white dress.
And They Lived Happily Ever After.
Yup, I’ve got all of that, but I also have SO much more than I ever could have imagined.
I am still a little in shock, really. Whirlwind romance when each of us least expected it, perfect engagement (unless you count that whole ‘me messing it up’ stuff), and Fairy-Tale (literally) wedding. Whoa.
Today means more to me than you could ever imagine. It means so much because it is my best attempt to epitomize the love that I have for Kevin into one day. A party. A celebration of our love. Unfortunately, even the magic that we’ve put together won’t be enough to express that. I don’t know that anything could compare. We’ve discussed it, and we’re kind of looking at the entire deal not as “what changes now that we’re married” because there probably isn’t much… instead we’re looking at this as a celebration with our favorite people in our favorite place.
Let me give you a run down of the day:
- Limos will bring us to the Walt Disney World Wedding Pavilion.
- We get married. (applause)
- We will take photos on the beach then
- Limos transport us to The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
- We have a private terrace balcony that overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon (and Cinderellas Castle). We will do a cake cutting, have a toast, and our first dance.
- The limos will transport us to The Boardwalk Inn for photos.
- Then we’re off to The Treehouse Villas where we will have a casual dinner and drinks.
- After dinner, a mini-motorcoach (party-bus) picks up the entire group to transport us backstage to EPCOT. We will have an escort (yes, you need a ‘handler’ for your group. Disney requires it if you’re in a gown. Plus, we get to skip any lines.) to take us to the Moroccan Terrace to watch the IllumiNations fireworks show. Since we’ve already had dinner we will be having a dessert buffet.
- After the show we get to go out the backstage exit, and the motor coach will drop everyone off at their respective locations.